Direct messaging. When you're logged in to your Reamaze account but have live chat turned offer and your customer is still on your website, you can interact with customers in real time via live push notifications. However, there is no expectation that the conversation is "live".
Live chat. When you're logged in to your Reamaze account and have live chat turned on and your customer is still on your website, you can engage in real time live conversations with a customer if they request to chat.
Email. If you and the customer are both logged off, the Shoutbox transforms into an email contact form and gives you the ability to follow up with customers via email. Even if you do reply via the dashboard at a later time, the customer will always receive your reply through his/her email.
Self-service mode. The Shoutbox can be configured to show your knowledge base first.
Configuring your Shoutbox
We recommend using the Embed Builder found in your account's settings menu to produce the Shoutbox you need. You can watch a video tutorial of the Embed Builder in action here: http://support.reamaze.com/kb/video-tutorial-series/widget-builder.
The Shoutbox can be customized in the following ways:
- You can change the Shoutbox trigger
- You can change the trigger size, color, and positioning
- You can change the Shoutbox timed prompt
- You can change the prompt delay timer
- You can add/delete custom form fields in order to collect more data from the customer
- You can change the text of every customer-facing prompt by going to "Settings" > "Brands" > "Text Customization"
- You can change the header color of the Shoutbox itself by going to "Settings" > "Brands" > "Reamaze.js Appearance Settings"
The Embed Builder will go through each of the above configurations. Just follow along. You can also visit our developer page here: https://www.reamaze.com/developer/widget_basic