Microsoft Outlook / Office 365 Forwarding
- Login to Office 365
- Click the Mail tile.
- Click Settings (gear icon in the upper right-hand of your screen).
- Under My app settings - Click Mail.
- Click Accounts
- Click Forwarding
- Under the "Forwarding" heading, select Start Forwarding
- Paste in your Re:amaze channel email address
- You have the option to keep a copy of all forwarded messages in your Office365 account.
- Select Save.
If you don't see a Forwarding option, it may not be available for your account. Try using Inbox rules to set up forwarding.
- At the top of the page in Outlook Web App, select Settings Settings icon > Options, and then select one of the following: Organize email > Inbox rules > New new
- Or, you can go to Mail > Automatic processing > Inbox rules > New new > Create a new rule for arriving messages
- Under When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
- Select one of the following, depending on the settings you see: Forward, redirect, or send > Forward the message to. Or you might see More options > Forward, redirect, or send > Forward the message to
- Enter the email address you want in the To box, or choose it from your list of contacts.
- Choose OK to save your selections, and OK or Save to create the rule.
Office 365 Group Distribution List
Used when you want to send email to group of people without having to type each individual recipient's name, distribution lists are organized by a particular discussion subject (such as “Marketing”) or by users who share common work that requires them to communicate frequently. They also provide a way for you to automatically forward email to multiple email addresses.
Distribution lists are sometimes called distribution groups.
Follow the instructions listed here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-distribution-lists-in-the-office-365-admin-center-b1ffe755-59e5-4369-826d-825f145a8400